This course is delivered in partnership with ITpreneurs.
Cloud Essentials is an introductory course that addresses the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, including adoption, operation, and governance. This course uses role-playing activities to make real-world connections and explore situations that can occur in the course of daily operations. Brainstorming, quizzes, and discussion add to the interactive nature of the course.
This online course can be completed in ten to twelve hours, at which point participants can take the CompTIA® Cloud EssentialsTM exam to earn the Cloud Essentials certification. This course also complements the Virtualization Essentials course, which participants can take either before or after they have taken the Cloud Essentials course.
- This course has been designated as CompTIA® Approved Quality Content.
- The Cloud Essentials courseware has been tested by ProCert Labs.
- The Cloud Essentials courseware has been accredited by the Cloud Credential Council.
What You Will Learn
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions associated with cloud computing
- Understand the business benefits and considerations of cloud computing
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management
- Explain the typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing, as well as its financial and strategic impact on an organization
Who Should Attend?
- IT support staff
- IT consultants
- Business managers
- Business analysts
- Small and mid-size business owners
- Specialists (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, etc.)
- Business process owners
- IT developers
- Service providers
- System integrators
- IT management
- Course Overview and Logistics
Unit 1 Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Concepts, History, and Definitions
- Types of Clouds
Unit 2: Business Perspective
- Business Perspectives
- Business Cases
- Outsourcing vs. Cloud Computing
Unit 3: Technical Perspective
- Techniques and Methods
- Challenges and Risks
Unit 4: Adopting the Cloud
- Road Maps
- Cloud Readiness
Unit 5: Operating in the Cloud
- Service Management: Control, Design, Change, and Run
Unit 6: Governing the Cloud
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Vendor Management
Online, self-paced training allows student to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. Students can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 10-12 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
Once registered for an online course, you have 12 weeks to access the course. A 28-day extension is available for an online course for a fee of $50. Contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
View the Online Course Demo to learn more about the self-paced learning option.
View the Online Course FAQs.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.