$695 | Price:
These scheduled courses provide students with live, instructor-led training delivered by HDI faculty. Using web conferencing software and an audio bridge, students interact with the instructor without ever leaving their desk.
- Minimize the impact on your daily schedule by only training two hours a day for three days.
- Learn only what you need to with targeted, topic-specific courses.
- Ask questions and interact with the instructor.
$695 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this one-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
$395 | Price:
Online, self-paced training allows student to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. Students can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 4-6 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
Once registered for an online course, you have 12 weeks to access the course. A 28-day extension is available for an online course for a fee of $50. Contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
View the Online Course Demo to learn more about the self-paced learning option.
View the Online Course FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
Add to Cart
The certification exam is included with training purchased directly from HDI. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the Knowledge-Centered Support Fundamentals Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 30 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 35 minutes. A minimum score of 70 percent is required to pass this certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Leadership & Communication
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam for a fee of $50. Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee of $99. Contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 1.800.248.5667.
Add to Cart
HDI Standards are developed by the International Certification Standards Committee to define the knowledge an individual is expected to comprehend in a specific role. HDI certification exams are based on the standard. The standard can be used as a self-study tool for individuals preparing to take a certification exam.
If you are a member, you may download the standard or you can purchase the Knowledge-Centered Support Fundamentals Certification Standard for $29.