ITIL previously highlighted the CMDB and its relationship to all of the ITIL processes. ITIL now recommends that Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) be supported by a Configuration Management System (CMS), which is made up of many physical CMDBs integrated by the Federated CMDB.
This interactive session will cut through the clutter to discuss the real intent and value of the CMDB. We will begin with an overview of what ITIL has to say, and then present a practical approach to Configuration Management and the CMDB.
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tricks for successfully implementing ITIL best-practice methodologies for Configuration Management.
• Understand the purpose/goal/ objective of Configuration Management
• Understand the value Configuration Management brings to your business or organization
• Understand key concepts such as Configuration Items, Scope, Level, Attributes, and the difference between Asset Management, Inventory Management, and Configuration Management
• Identify and define key roles and responsibilities
• Understand key activities
• Define Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
• Identify benefits, possible problems, and costs of Configuration Management
• Configuration Management and its relationship to other ITIL processes
• A brief discussion on tools that support Configuration Management
• Top considerations to implementing
• Top 10 things to avoid
This workshop is intended for individuals who are working or are planning to work within configuration management, whether in a technical, managerial, or operational role.
• Unit 1: A Brief Overview of Service Management & ITIL Agenda
• Unit 2: Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Unit 3 SACM – Activities
• Unit 4: Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Unit 5: Benefits, Costs, and Risks
• Unit 6: The “CMDB”
• Unit 7: Relationship to Other ITIL processes
• Unit 8: Measuring the SACM Process propointsolutions.com
• Unit 9: Implementation Considerations
• Unit 10: Keys to Success
• Unit 11: Process Maturity Assessment
Facilitated by a faculty member, this One-Day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
HDI can certify your in-house instructor to deliver HDI courses to your staff. Purchase student kits, which include official HDI courseware and a certification exam, when training is scheduled.
This program is ideal for companies training more than 50 support staff annually and those that include HDI training and certification in their new-hire programs.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
Date: 6/7 - 6/9/11
Location: Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel
5855 West Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045