This course content developed in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
Members Only! Did you know that you have access to our new interactive resource: ITIL Foundation for free? Learn more today.
This certification verifies that support center professionals possess the knowledge of the ITIL®; framework necessary to support an ITIL initiative. ITIL Foundation certified individuals have demonstrated their awareness of the ITIL processes and terms and satisfied the prerequisite requirement for pursuing additional ITIL certifications.
This EXIN®-accredited course outlines the ITIL best practices framework and prepares the participant for the ITIL Foundation certification exam, a prerequisite for all other ITIL certifications. This course provides an understanding of the service lifecycle and processes as well as the best and common practices for IT service management.
Maximum class size: 25 students per class
Duration of public and on-site course: 3 days
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Required study material: Student courseware materials are provided with the course.
Required number of study hours: Course Hours: 17 hours + 6 hours of self-study
Exam: Exam included with the public or onsite course. Exam sold separately for the online course. To purchase the exam voucher, please visit EXIN.
Whether adopting ITIL or embarking on continuous service improvement, participants will gain a fundamental understanding of how IT service, support, and delivery can be best organized to align IT with business needs, improve service quality, and reduce long-term costs.
What You Will Learn
- Service Strategy — Clarification and prioritization of service provider investments
- Service Design — Transform business requirements into strategic solutions
- Service Transition — Manage change, risk, and quality assurance
- Service Operation — Establish day-to-day business operations and manage customer expectations
- Continual Service Improvement — Align quality IT services with changing business needs
Who Should Attend?
- IT professionals who want an understanding of the service lifecycle and processes and are interested in IT service management
- IT staff who are actively involved in providing and supporting IT services or who have
an interest in IT service management best practices
- Individuals preparing for the ITIL Foundation certification exam
Unit 1: ITIL Overview
- IT Service Management
- Processes and Functions
- Governance, Frameworks, and Standards
- The History of ITIL
- ITIL Lifecycle Elements
- IT Service Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Case Study #1
Unit 2: Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Lifecycle Stage
- Value Creation
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Case Study #2
Unit 3: Service Design
- Service Design Lifecycle Stage
- The Five Aspects of Service Design
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Case Study #3
Unit 4: Service Transition
- Service Transition Lifecycle Stage
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
- Case Study #4
Unit 5: Service Operation
- Service Operation Lifecycle Stage
- Event Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Service Operation Functions
- Case Study #5
Unit 6: Continual Service Improvement
- Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle Stage
- The Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Metrics and Measurement
- Technology and Architecture
- Case Study #6
$1,395 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this two-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.
Exam included with the public or onsite course. Exam sold separately for the online course. To purchase the exam voucher, please visit EXIN.
Closed book, multiple choice (40 questions, 60 minutes duration, 65% or better is required to pass).
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS® Limited.
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS® Limited.
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS® Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS® Limited.
The ITIL course offered on this page is offered by Propoint Solutions, Inc.