This course is delivered in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
Ever feel like change management ties your hands? In this workshop, you will learn about the purpose and objectives of change management, the supporting processes, and other key concepts, like classification, risk analysis, forward scheduling, service availability projections, standard change models, and the postimplementation review.
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, tools and templates, quick wins, and tips for successfully implementing industry best practices for change management.
What You Will Learn
- The purpose/goal/objective of change management
- The value change management brings to a business or organization
- Key concepts such as classification, risk analysis, forward scheduling, service
availability projections, standard change models, change management and project
management collaboration, and the post-implementation review
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators for change management
- Methods for assessing the maturity of your current change management process
- Develop a draft change management policy
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, process owners, practitioners, and stakeholders who need to gain a
thorough understanding of how to deploy and/or assess and improve the change
management process in their organizations
Unit 1: A Brief Overview of IT Service Management
- An Introduction to Processes, Functions, and the Role of IT Service Management
Unit 2: Why Bother with Change Management?
- The Goal of Change Management
- The Cost of Downtime
- Business Benefits of Change Management
- The Culture of Change Management
Unit 3: Assessing the Maturity of Your Organization’s Change Management Process
- What Is a Vision Statement and Why Is It Important
- The Role of Assessment in the Continual Improvement Plan
- Assessment Considerations
Unit 4: Change Management In-Depth
- Value to the Business
- Key Terms and Definitions
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Cab Meetings
- Defining the Scope of Change Management in Your Organization
Unit 5: The Change Management Process Flow
- Change Management Process Activities
- Fields to Consider in Your Change Management System
- Change Models and Standard Changes
- RFC Planning and Approval
- Estimating Impact and Resources
- Handling Urgent Changes
- The Post-implementation Review
- Change Management’s Relationship with Other Processes and with Project Management
- Potential Problems, Challenges, and Costs
Unit 6: Measuring Change Management
- Critical Success Factors for Change Management
- Key Performance Indicators for Change Management
- Tools, Automation, and Integration
Unit 7: Developing Your Road Map
- Where Do We Start?
- A Sample Vision Statement
- Start Building Your Road Map
$645 | Price:
These scheduled courses provide students with live, instructor-led training delivered by HDI faculty. Using web conferencing software and an audio bridge, students interact with the instructor without ever leaving their desk.
- Minimize the impact on your daily schedule by only training two hours a day for three days.
- Learn only what you need to with targeted, topic-specific courses.
- Ask questions and interact with the instructor.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.