About HDI Certification Exams
All HDI courses and certification exams are based on and developed from the HDI certification standards. They reinforce the core concepts of the HDI certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities. Learn more about the HDI standards for IT certification.
Most exams consists of sixty-five (65) multiple choice questions, and must be completed in seventy-five (75) minutes. Other exams consist of thirty (30) multiple choice question, and must be completed in fourty-five (45) minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
The cost of a certification exam is included in the course price. Detailed information about how to take the certification exam will be provided during the participants courses. The ITIL v3 Foundation exam is a paper-based exam proctored on the final day of the class. Online courses and their respective certification exams are delivered though the HDI Learning Center.
Certification Exam Pricing
Certification exams can be purchased separately from training courses. All exams are delivered through the HDI Learning Center.
HDI Customer Service Representative Certification Exam
HDI Desktop Support Technician Certification Exam
HDI Support Center Analyst Certification Exam
HDI Desktop Advanced Support Technician Online Exam
HDI Technical Support Professional Exam
HDI Support Center Team Lead Certification Exam
HDI Support Center Manager Certification Exam
HDI Desktop Support Manager Certification Exam
HDI Support Center Director Certification Exam
HDI Problem Management Professional Certification Exam
KCS Principles Certification Exam
KCS Foundation Certification Exam
Annual Exam Insurance
Online Exam Retake Fee
Extensions and Retakes
Purchase an extension for a fee of $50 which will provide you with a 28-day extension for an HDI course, exam or practice test. Exam retakes (above) can be purchased for a fee of $99.
HDI Exam Insurance
The HDI Exam Insurance policy (available for purchase above) provides certification candidates with one free retake of any HDI certification exam if they fail to pass on their first attempt. Because the standard cost of an exam retake is $99, many candidates take advantage of the exam insurance option up front—providing both a safety net and instant savings should they find themselves having to take an exam a second time.
- Upon purchase of a policy, exam insurance is valid for one year.
- With an active HDI Exam Insurance policy, the first retake of any HDI certification exam is free to the policy holder if the first attempt to pass the exam was failed.
- The first attempt at the certification exam must have been taken with an active HDI Exam Insurance policy. Insurance cannot be purchased and applied retroactively.
- Policy holders are entitled to retakes on multiple certification exams within the policy period, however, only one retake per certification exam topic is permitted (i.e: one free retake on the HDI Customer Service Representative exam AND one free retake on the KCS Foundation exam).
- To submit a free retake claim, policy holders can call the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
Certification Exams on the HDI Learning Center
All HDI certification exams are available in the HDI Learning Center. These exams are delivered online, providing flexibility in scheduling, and they are accessible through any internet connection. Once registered for an online exam, a student will have up to twelve weeks to take the exam.
Log in to the HDI Learning Center