ITIL v2 talked about the configuration management database and its relationship with all of the ITIL processes. ITIL v3 says the support organization needs service asset and configuration management supported by a configuration management system, which is made up of many physical configuration management databases integrated by the Federated configuration management database.
This course will cut through the clutter to discuss the real intent and value of the configuration management database. The course begins with an overview of what ITIL v3 has to say and then present a practical approach to the configuration management database.
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tips for successfully implementing ITIL best-practice methodologies for configuration management.
What you will learn
- The purpose/goal/objective of configuration management
- The value Configuration Management brings to your business or organization
- Key concepts such as configuration items, scope, level, attributes, and differences between asset management, inventory management, and configuration management
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- The benefits, possible problems, and costs of configuration management
- Configuration management and its relationship to other ITIL processes
- Tools that support Configuration Management
- Top considerations to implementing configuration management
For more information about this course, please contact an account manager. Please also feel free to contact our Customer Care Center via 1.800.248.5667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.