This course is delivered in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
Incident Management is about “restoring normal service as quickly as possible, with minimal disruption to the business.” Discover why incident management is foundational to improving the support center’s performance.
This course helps establish what should be considered “normal service” within a company as well as how to determine business impact and prioritize incidents to “minimize disruption to the business.”
This course presents experience-based guidance, templates, quick wins, examples, and tricks for successfully implementing industry best practices for incident management, service request fulfillment, and event management.
What You Will Learn
- Templates and tools to help the restoration process
- Appropriate key performance indicators
- How to design and implement the incident management and service request fulfillment processes
- Development and management work arounds to “fix it fast”
- How to conduct a process maturity assessment for incident management
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, process owners, practitioners, and stakeholders who need to gain a
thorough understanding of how to deploy and/or assess and improve the incident
management, request fulfillment, and event management processes in their
Unit 1: IT Service Management Overview
Unit 2: Identifying IT Services
- What Is a Service?
- Who Are Your Customers?
- Why Is it Crucial to Understand What Our Services Are and Who Our Customers Are?
Unit 3: Event Management
- Incident Models
- Event Correlation
- Event Monitoring
- Event Metrics
Unit 4: Incident Management In-Depth
- Value to the Business
- Incident Logging
- Incident Categorization
- Service Requests
- Request Fulfillment and Service Requests
- Major Incidents
- Matching and Knowledge Management
- Incident Closure
- Incident Management Metrics
Unit 5: Keys to Success
- Leading Change
- Roles and Responsibilities
Unit 6: Process Maturity Assessment
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Performing the Assessment
- Reporting the Results
$645 | Price:
These scheduled courses provide students with live, instructor-led training delivered by HDI faculty. Using web conferencing software and an audio bridge, students interact with the instructor without ever leaving their desk.
- Minimize the impact on your daily schedule by only training two hours a day for three days.
- Learn only what you need to with targeted, topic-specific courses.
- Ask questions and interact with the instructor.
$645 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this one-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.