This course is delivered in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
Once change management has approved the implementation of a new service or the update of an existing service, it is the role of release management to plan, build, test, and deploy that design into production. If your organization is having difficulty delivering timely releases that meet the business’s expectations, and/or if releases are difficult for operations to support and maintain, this is the course for you.
Through lectures and case studies, participants will learn the principals behind an effective release management process. This workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tips for successfully implementing release management in your organization.
What You Will Learn
- The importance of a release management policy
- The role of release management in assuring service value (utility and warranty)
- How release management integrates with change, configuration, and other service management processes (process swim lanes, inputs and outputs)
- How project management and release management are related, but still different
- Success factors and metrics for release management
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, Process Owners, Practitioners and Stakeholders who need to gain a thorough understanding of how to deploy and/or assess and improve the Release and Deployment process in their organizations
Unit 1: A Brief Overview of IT Service Management
- An Introduction to Processes, Functions, and the Role of IT Service Management
Unit 2: Change Management Overview
- How Change Management and Release Management Work Together
- Process Swim Lanes
Unit 3: Release Management, In Depth
- Purpose, Goals, and Objectives of Release Management
- Benefits and Value to the Business
- Release Management and Its Relationship to Other Service Management Processes
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Release Management's Major Activities
- Prepare for Build, Test, and Deployment
- Build and Test
- Plan and Prepare for Deployment
- Early Life Support
- Review and Closure of Deployment
Unit 4: Measuring Release Management
- Success Factors for Release Management
- Performance Indicators for Release Management
Unit 5: Keys to Success
- Key Factors for Success
- Roles and Responsibilities
Unit 6: Assessing the Maturity of Your Organization’s Release Management Process
- The Role of Assessment in the Continual Service Improvement Plan
- Exercise: Assess the Maturity of Your Release Management Process
- Continuous Improvement: Your Road Map for Success
$645 | Price:
These scheduled courses provide students with live, instructor-led training delivered by HDI faculty. Using web conferencing software and an audio bridge, students interact with the instructor without ever leaving their desk.
- Minimize the impact on your daily schedule by only training two hours a day for three days.
- Learn only what you need to with targeted, topic-specific courses.
- Ask questions and interact with the instructor.
$645 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this one-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.