This course is delivered in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
This course is filled with practical guidance to help the support centers focus on the importance of meeting customer expectations through service level management.
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tips for successfully implementing industry best-practice methodologies for service level management.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify your customers and determine their needs
- The critical process for defining and pricing your IT services
- The importance of underpinning contracts, operational level agreements, and service level agreements
- Key performance indicators based on your customer’s needs
- Conduct SLM performance reviews
- Develop a service improvement plan
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, Process Owners, Business Relationship Managers, and Stakeholders who need to gain a thorough understanding of how to deploy and/or assess and improve the Service Level Management and Service Catalog processes in their organizations
Unit 1: Service Level Management Overview
- What is SLM
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
Unit 2: Identify Your Customers
- Who Are Your IT Customers
- What Is a Service
- The IT Service Lifecycle
- What Services Are You Providing to Your IT Customers
Unit 3: Determine What Your Customers Need
- Service Level Requirements
- The Business Relationship Manager
- What to Expect from Your First Customer Meetings
- Internal and External Specifications
- The Service Quality Plan
Unit 4: Develop Underpinning Contracts
- What to Include
- The Supplier Management Process
- Penalties vs. Partnerships
Unit 5: Develop Operational Level Agreements
- What to Include
- Sample OLA
- Rules vs. relationships
Unit 6: Develop Service Level Agreements
- Underpinned by UCs and OLAs
- Sample SLA
- Partnerships Are Based on Trust
Unit 7: Price Your IT Services
- Price Your IT Services
- IT Service Cost Elements
- Cost Types
- Charging for Your IT Services
Unit 8: Build Your Service Catalog
- Service Catalog Examples
- Actionable Service Catalog
Unit 9: Monitoring and Reporting IT Performance
- Measuring Services vs. Technology
- Reporting Service Level Performance
- Critical Success Factors and KPIs for SLM
Unit 10: Develop the Service Improvement Plan
$645 | Price:
These scheduled courses provide students with live, instructor-led training delivered by HDI faculty. Using web conferencing software and an audio bridge, students interact with the instructor without ever leaving their desk.
- Minimize the impact on your daily schedule by only training two hours a day for three days.
- Learn only what you need to with targeted, topic-specific courses.
- Ask questions and interact with the instructor.
$645 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this one-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.