This course is delivered in partnership with Propoint Solutions.
The primary goal of IT Service Management is to deliver quality services that enable desired business outcomes. To accomplish this, service providers often face a precarious balancing act of managing customer relationships and requirements, understanding and managing demand and patterns of business activities, aligning internal and external suppliers, and maintaining fiscal responsibility and sound IT investments. If you want to increase the value of your IT services to the business, you should focus first on these customer facing processes.
What You Will Learn
- How to leverage governance, frameworks, standards, and best practices
- How to design and implement aligned incident management and service request processes
- Trending analysis and root cause techniques for proactive problem management
- A logical approach to implementing an efficient change management process
- Strategies and templates for successful service level management
- How to assess the maturity of your service management processes and develop a roadmap for success
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, Process Owners, Practitioners and Stakeholders who need to gain an in depth understanding of how to deploy and/or assess and improve the core Service Management Processes including: Service Level Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management.
Unit 1: Service Level Management
- Identify Your Customers and Services
- Determine What Your Customers Need
- Develop Underpinning Contracts
- Develop Operational Level Agreements
- Develop Service Level Agreements
- Price Your IT Services
- Build Your Service Catalog
- Monitoring and Reporting IT Performance
- Assessing The Maturity of Your Organization’s SLM Process
Unit 2: Events, Incidents, and Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Incident Management In-Depth
- Request Fulfillment
- Assessing the Maturity of Your Organization’s Incident Management Process
Unit 3: Problem Management
- How Problem Management Interfaces with Other Processes
- Problem Management Activities
- Benefits and Value to the Business
- Proactive Problem Management
- Problem Logging
- Getting to the Root Cause – Problem Analysis Techniques
- Workarounds and Known Errors
- Assessing the Maturity of Your Organization’s Problem Management Process
Unit 4: Change Management
- Why Bother with Change Management
- Change Management In-Depth
- Assessing the Maturity of Your Organization’s Change Management Process
Unit 5: Developing an Effective Service Management Program
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Communication Plans
- Roadmap for Success
$1,495 | Price:
Facilitated by a faculty member, this two-day, public course allows students to actively participate in exercises and discussions as well as network with peers from other companies.
- Maintain adequate coverage in your support center by staggering training dates.
- Focus on learning by being out of the office.
- Structured discussions facilitate networking and learning from real-world experiences.
- To learn more about public classroom training, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
View the Public Classroom FAQs.
HDI can train your team at your facility, eliminating individual travel costs and putting more control in your hands.
- Control class size and pick training dates that accommodate your business schedule.
- Focus on your organization’s key issues and pain points.
- Save money. With groups of eight or more, this option is often more cost effective.
- To learn more about this program, contact an account manager or call 1.800.248.5667.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.