This course is delivered in partnership with ITpreneurs.
Virtualization Essentials is an introductory course that addresses the business and technical aspects of virtualization, including operation and governance. This course uses role-playing activities to make real-world connections and explore situations that can occur in the course of daily operations. Brainstorming, quizzes, and discussion add to the interactive nature of the course.
This online course can be completed in ten to twelve hours, at which point participants can take the Virtualization Essentials exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP). This course also complements the Cloud Essentials course, which participants can take either before or after they have taken the Virtualization Essentials course.
What You Will Learn
the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions associated with virtualization
- Understand the business benefits and considerations of virtualization
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features
- Understand the implications of storage, network, and application virtualization, and identify the issues, challenges, and opportunities associated with managing these types of virtualizations
- Understand the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities associated with managing workplace virtualization
- Understand the impact of virtualization on IT service management
- Explain the typical steps that lead to the successful virtualization and understand the implications for organizations
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization, as well as its financial and strategic impact on an organization
Who Should Attend?
- IT support staff
- IT consultants
- Business managers
- Business analysts
- Small and mid-size business owners
- Specialists (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, etc.)
- Business process owners
- IT developers
- Service providers
- System integrators
- IT management
- Course Overview and Logistics
Unit 1: Introduction to Virtualization
- Concepts and Definitions
Unit 2: Business Perspective
- Business Value
Unit 3: The Virtual Data Center: Server Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Elements, Platforms, and Features
Unit 4: The Virtual Data Center: Storage, Networks, and Applications
Unit 5: Workplace Virtualization Technologies
- Workplace, Challenges, and Solutions
Unit 6: Adopting Virtualization
- Road Maps
- Service Introduction
- Migration Techniques
Unit 7: Operating Virtualization
- Service Management Applied to Virtualization
Unit 8: Governing Virtualization
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Sharing Policy
Online, self-paced training allows student to train at their own speed, permitting them to concentrate on areas of specific need. Students can train from any computer with Internet access, and the course takes about 10-12 hours to complete.
- Learn virtually anytime, anyplace, and at any pace.
- Online training is the most cost effective means for employees to achieve certification particularly for companies with remote employees or multiple office locations.
- Ramp up employees quickly. Courses can be activated in as short as 24 hours.
Once registered for an online course, you have 12 weeks to access the course. A 28-day extension is available for an online course for a fee of $50. Contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
View the Online Course Demo to learn more about the self-paced learning option.
View the Online Course FAQs.
There are no courses scheduled at this time. Please
check back later or contact your account manager
for immediate assistance.
HDI offers courses in cities throughout North America. Don’t see a class near you
or when you would like to attend? Contact your
or find an
to discuss your needs.