2016 Ron Muns Lifetime Achivement Recipient
Ken is a globally recognized IT Service Management leader with over 30 years of IT experience. His is a co-founder of itSMF USA and a certified ITIL Expert. His significant contributions to the IT Service Management profession and its body of knowledge earned him recognition as a priSM Fellow and he also earned the itSMF USA Lifetime Achievement Award. Ken is a highly respected instructor, consultant, and industry mentor in the field of IT Service Management.
Ken is a well-known and respected leader in the adoption and growth of ITSM Best Practices, recognized for his dedication to the industry and practical advice.
Ken holds an ITIL® Expert Certification, is an accredited course instructor and is a PRiSM® Fellow.
As itSMF USA co-founder, board member, and President (2004), Ken helped launch the highly successful itSMF USA National Conference. As President Emeritus, he established and served as chair to the itSMF USA Advisory Board.
He also served on the itSMF Intl. Executive Board as Director Chapter Services, initiating the itSMF Chapter Leadership Conference and was part of the ITIL Advisory Group for the development of ITIL® V3.
He was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007 by the itSMF USA (IT Service Management Forum USA), its highest honor.
Ken is currently serving on the HDI Strategic Advisory Board.
At HP, he was involved the largest and most successful ITSM initiatives in the USA. Upon retirement, Ken formed Edify ITSM, Inc. to deliver his unique insights and value as an independent instructor and consultant to "Enlighten, Inform, Educate and Improve", a key part of Ken's life mission.
Ken is also the proud author of a children's book, "The Rollicking Rock 'n' Roll Reindeer Romp"!
See the video of the 2016 award ceremony
Ron Muns Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2008, HDI created the Ron Muns Lifetime Achievement Award to honor HDI’s founder. This award, presented annually during the HDI Annual Conference & Expo, recognizes the lasting contributions, leadership, enthusiasm, and tireless efforts of industry luminaries who’ve committed themselves to elevating the reputation of the technical support profession and improving the industry.
HDI’s panel of judges selects the nominees and uses the following criteria to evaluate their accomplishments in and dedication to the technical support industry:
- The candidate has been active in the technical support industry for at least ten years.
- The candidate has made noteworthy contributions to the industry, including (but not limited to):
- Providing thought leadership on the industry’s strategy and direction
- Sitting on the boards of industry organizations
- Speaking at industry events
- Providing industry mentorship and leadership
- Contributing to industry education and training and the optimization of certification programs
- Contributing timely content to industry publications
- Providing input on or helping develop industry research
- Influencing industry best practices, standards, or frameworks
- Authoring books for the industry
- Serving as a subject matter expert for the technical support industry
- The candidate has demonstrated dedication to his or her own professional growth and the growth and success of the industry as a whole.
2015 - John Custy (video of the 2015 award ceremony)
2014 - Jeffrey Rumburg (video of the 2014 award ceremony)
2013 - Greg Oxton (video of the 2013 award ceremony)
2012 - George Spalding
2011 - Katherine Spencer Lee
2010 - Char LaBounty
2009 - Malcolm Fry
2008 - Ron Muns