2015 Ron Muns Lifetime Achivement Recipient
John Custy is a service management authority with extensive experience helping organizations improve their service delivery, become more strategic, and increase value. He's an internationally known speaker and educator who challenges us to think differently. John received his MA from Boston University and his BS from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell. In addition, he has earned his ITIL Manager, ITIL Expert, ISO 20000 Consultant, KCS Consultant, and Kepner-Tregoe (KT) certifications. He is also a member of the HDI Faculty and the HDI International Certification Standards Committee.
See the video of the 2015 award ceremony
Ron Muns Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2008, HDI created the Ron Muns Lifetime Achievement Award to honor HDI’s founder. This award, presented annually during the HDI Annual Conference & Expo, recognizes the lasting contributions, leadership, enthusiasm, and tireless efforts of industry luminaries who’ve committed themselves to elevating the reputation of the technical support profession and improving the industry.
HDI’s panel of judges selects the nominees and uses the following criteria to evaluate their accomplishments in and dedication to the technical support industry:
- The candidate has been active in the technical support industry for at least ten years.
- The candidate has made noteworthy contributions to the industry, including (but not limited to):
- Providing thought leadership on the industry’s strategy and direction
- Sitting on the boards of industry organizations
- Speaking at industry events
- Providing industry mentorship and leadership
- Contributing to industry education and training and the optimization of certification programs
- Contributing timely content to industry publications
- Providing input on or helping develop industry research
- Influencing industry best practices, standards, or frameworks
- Authoring books for the industry
- Serving as a subject matter expert for the technical support industry
- The candidate has demonstrated dedication to his or her own professional growth and the growth and success of the industry as a whole.
2014 - Jeffrey Rumburg (video of the 2014 award ceremony)
2013 - Greg Oxton (video of the 2013 award ceremony)
2012 - George Spalding
2011 - Katherine Spencer Lee
2010 - Char LaBounty
2009 - Malcolm Fry
2008 - Ron Muns