Both the scope and velocity of change in the business world are at unprecedented levels. Technology is emerging and evolving faster than ever, and the ways business is getting done are changing almost daily. As technology changes, so do the goals, objectives, and capabilities of business units, including IT and technical support.
In 2017, we saw the rise of bots and the promise of AI take center stage, causing disruption in how service management and support move forward. New and/or revised frameworks for accomplishing the work arose. The skills needed for the future are not the same skills that have served the industry well in the past. Metrics and measures are changing. Customer expectations are changing.
As we begin the new year, decisions are being made about where to spend or withhold spending, about what technologies are necessary, and about how to be prepared and properly skilled to take on the continual state of change that is now the norm. In this webinar, we will explore some of the changes that surfaced during the past year and will impact the industry in the near term.
What You'll Learn
- What technologies businesses are investing in
- The impact automation has had on IT jobs
- The frameworks and methodologies that are emerging to address change
Who Should Attend
- Service management professionals
- Directors, managers, and supervisors of IT and technical support organizations, including Desktop Support
- Training managers who need to know more about new frameworks
* This webinar is being hosted on HDI's BrightTalk channel. You will need to have a BrightTalk account to register for the webinar. Fortunately, registration is free!
Sr. Writer / Analyst
Roy Atkinson is one of the top influencers in the service and support industry. His blogs, presentations, research reports, white papers, keynotes, and webinars have gained him an international reputation. In his role as senior writer/analyst, he acts as HDI's in-house subject matter expert, bringing his years of experience to the community.
He holds a master’s certificate in advanced management strategy from Tulane University’s Freeman School of Business, and he is a certified HDI Support Center Manager. Follow him on Twitter @HDI_Analyst and @RoyAtkinson.