HDI introduced the HDI Analyst of the Year Award in 2004. Each year, HDI works jointly with the HDI local chapters to identify and award the industry's top first-level support analyst. Support analysts who are nominated at the local chapter will have an opportunity to compete with their peers locally, regionally, and globally for this prestigious award.
The nominator presents to the local chapter a personal business profile of the nominee, including specific attributes that demonstrate the nominee's understanding of industry standards, commitment to excellent service, and record of consistently exceeding performance objectives.
The winners from each of HDI's five local chapter regions are invited to participate in the HDI's Analyst of the Year Awards festivities held during the HDI Annual Conference & Expo. Robert Half Technology, the premier sponsor, provides each regional winner's conference registration.
For more information on this award or the nomination process, contact Kerri Hanna at 719.955.8127.
Nominate a person for this award
Guidelines and criteria for the HDI Analyst of the Year Award
Nomination form (Word document)
Please use this word document while working on your nomination. Nominations must be submitted using the online form (button above) unless otherwise determined by your local chapter.
For the Analyst of the Year award deadline, please check with your local chapter, as deadlines vary by group.
2015 HDI Analyst of the Year Award Winner
Andrew Hedman, Solar Turbines
Representing the HDI San Diego local chapter and the Western region
Andrew Hedman is a Tier 2 Service Desk Analyst at Solar Turbines, in San Diego, California. Andrew started working at Solar Turbines in 2013 as a Tier 1 analyst, and within a year, was promoted to a Tier 2 analyst. He was been recognized with multiple awards, including the Solar Turbines Service Desk Analyst of the Month award multiple times, the Solar Turbines Service Desk Analyst of the Year for 2013, the Solar Turbines Service Desk Tier 2 Analyst of the Year for 2014, and he was also recognized for having the highest monthly customer feedback.
Andrew lives in Ramona, California with his wife and two sons. In his free time, he enjoys playing sports with his children, landscaping, working on cars, and working on projects around his house. Andrew and his wife also enjoy travelling, and plan to travel to New Zealand and Australia in the near future.
As an HDI Analyst of the Year Award nominee, Andrew was selected from five finalists, representing each of the HDI local chapter regions.
View videos of the 2015 finalists and award winners.
This Year's Award Finalists
Congratulations to the 2015 finalists of the HDI Analyst of the Year Award!
- Andrew Hedman, Solar Turbines Incorporated (National finalist)
- Shawn Martinez, Albuquerque Public Schools
- James Suh, Solugenix
- Pierce Bae, UC Davis
- Peter Sumison, Novell
- Jeong Sun, Synopsys
- Sandi Skinner, Wells Fargo Bank
- Kali McDowell, Accenture (National finalist)
- Nathaniel Brewer, Veolia
- Bill Ferguson, CDI Corporation
- Paul Beatty, Bell TechLogix
- Jonathan Waters, Hylant
- Ray McDonald, Optum
- Mark Deryavoush, Kelly Services
- Tony Shaheen, Diebold
- Chynna Sherry, University of Pittsburgh
- Mitch Domeyer, National Heritage Academies
- David Saenz, CPS Energy (National finalist)
- Mitch Wakelam, Saskatchewan Worker's Compensation Board
- Andrew Berry, Farm Credit Services of America
- Aaron Gilliland, Hallmark
- Dana Besancenez, Edward Jones
- Christina Quissek, CH2MHill
- James Konderla, Pepsico
- George Myatt, Charles Schwab
- Jeremy Richmond, Abilene Christian University
- Leah Ribblett, Glatfelter Insurance (National finalist)
- Jesus Miranda Tovar, Brown-Forman Corporation
- Sonya Davis, The MIL Corporation
- Kyle Waters, Children's Hospital of Philidelphia
- Charles Clauser, Paychex Inc.
- Joseph Miranda, Atlantic Health System
- Phoenix Lombardi, Travelers
- Noe Alex Kelly-Sandoval, Computer Network Solu7ons LLC/Highstreet
- Renee Croxen, Boston College
- Joanne Willard, RTI International (National finalist)
- Zach Bryson, NE GA Health Systems
- Kenya Potter, Citrix
- David Chau, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Darla Burleson, Advance America
- Bradley Jones, UL Workplace Health & Safety
- Bill Clement, Tampa Electric Company
Past Award Winners
2014 - Luke Keultjes, Lifeway Christian Resources
2013 - James Edmison, Qualcomm, Inc.
2012 - Tiffany Mills, EmblemHealth
2011 - Elio Irizarry, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
2010 - Michael Yon, Southeast Corporate Federal Credit Union
2009 - Minaz Jiwa, WorkSafe BC
2008 - Ruben Canales, Technisource, a subsidiary of Spherion
2007 - Bimpe Oyelese, World Bank
2006 - Sheri Robertson, Alston & Bird
2005 - Frank Hartnagel, Progress Energy Service Company
2004 - Micheal Rodgers, BayCare Health System
We encourage your participation in this exciting award program! For more information on the award, please contact Kerri Hanna at HDI or your HDI local chapter.