HDI embraces and supports a diverse and inclusive community of service and support professionals. In today's climate, it is one thing for us to stand and support these intentions; it's another thing for us to take action around them.
We cannot claim to serve the service and support community broadly without doing even more to actively enable, empower and elevate the voices of people of color and the diverse backgrounds and experiences within this community.
And so, HDI–in conjunction with our parent company Informa Tech–has drafted an action plan to address diversity and inclusion in our community (outlined below).
We commit to being better allies, lifting our community up, and building on our collective strength, and we welcome feedback and ideas.
- Open dialogue: HDI events are an opportunity to bring together different voices within the community. HDI will be more intentional about supporting social issues within the framework of our conferences.
- Speaker and advisory board diversity: Solicit more diverse voices in our speaker outreach and programming, and ensure we have more diverse perspectives informing our overall program strategy.
- Support nonprofits that help communities of color, like we have done with Adopt-A-Classroom for the past two years.
- Sponsor local nonprofit organizations that advance diversity in the region and invite their service and support teams to join us at our events.
- Event vendors: Contract with companies that support diversity and inclusion actively within their organizations.
- Encourage and empower community members of color to use our community platforms to share perspectives, inform, and communicate
- Solicit more diverse voices to be featured in our online content, whether it be contributors and/or organizations.
- Be more intentional in the selection of images we use to represent the community.
HDI's Parent Company: Informa Tech
- Support dedicated resources and time for learning about how to support racial justice, diversity and inclusion
- Reexamine hiring practices to drive more diversity across the employee base and at the management level
These are the initial steps we plan to take. That said, this is a living plan and it will be adjusted and revised as we receive feedback and learn more about how to better support diversity and inclusion in our community. Again, we welcome feedback and ideas.
Stay Connected with the Community
HDIConnect | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter