Cancellation, licensing, and participation policies for all HDI products and services are detailed below. For any questions regarding these policies, please contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
Certification and Training Policies
Accepted credit card types are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All credit card charges will be processed in USD; any foreign currency fees will be charged by the customer’s credit card company. HDI is not responsible for fluctuations due to exchange rates and will not refund any difference. Applicable taxes will be applied to the invoice.
HDI reserves the right to change pricing and registration terms and conditions and to make changes to any products or services offered. HDI also reserves the right to change the location of a course or cancel a course without notice or liability. HDI will not be held responsible for any incidental loss the Customer may incur due to a change or cancellation.
Refunds are available on all products except as noted below in the product-specific policies. All refunds must be requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card refunds will be applied back to the original purchasing card. Refunds by check or wire will be remitted upon receipt of a completed W-9
Course Attendance Policy
If the student is unable to attend the scheduled training class, please contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 1-800-248-5667. HDI requires ten business days’ notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Non-attendance without prior notification will result in full forfeiture of the registration fee; the attendee will not be allowed to reschedule. Within ten days of the course start date, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at any time, provided notice is given prior to two weeks before the course start date. Registrations must be rescheduled within six months of the cancellation date or funds on account will be forfeited. A student can reschedule a class up to two times. Additional reschedules will not be allowed.
Public Course Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required prior to attendance at a public training course. Students canceling their registration within two weeks of course start date and students who do not cancel and do not attend the course will be charged the full registration fee. Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the start date of the class.
In rare instances, a course may be canceled or rescheduled by HDI. HDI will provide at least ten days notice prior to canceling or rescheduling a course. In this event, the customer may request a full refund or apply the credit toward another HDI course. HDI cannot be held responsible for penalties resulting from travel arrangements.
Inclement Weather: If weather conditions dictate the need for HDI to cancel a training course with short notice, participants will be notified immediately by e-mail. An announcement will also be published on the course schedule available on HDI's website. Weather-related cancellations will be confirmed one day prior to the start of the course. For courses starting on a Monday, please make sure to check your e-mail and HDI’s website on Sunday evening.
In the event of a last-minute cancellation, an HDI account manager will contact the student about rescheduling the registration.
Virtual Classroom Course Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required prior to attendance. In rare instances, a course may be rescheduled or cancelled. HDI will provide at least two business days notice. In this event, you may receive a full refund or a credit toward another HDI course. Clients cancelling their registration within two weeks of the course start date and no shows will pay full course rates. Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to that start date of the class.
License Agreement for Virtual Classroom Courses
Payment of tuition provides personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to attend one Virtual Classroom course. Transferring or sharing this license with anyone else is a violation of the licensing agreement and is subject to legal action.
100% Guarantee First Day Policy
If, upon completion of the first day of a multi-day public course or virtual classroom course, you are not satisfied and wish to withdraw, you must notify the instructor, return all course materials to the instructor, and contact the HDI Customer Care Center by the close of business to receive a full refund or to apply the money to a future training. This guarantee is void if you do not complete the first full day of class, sign the roster, and return all training materials to the instructor.
Online Course Cancellation Policy
Self-paced online course registrations are final. No cancellation or refund is available. Access is granted to online courses and certification exams once payment is received. A purchase order number may be provided for reference, but online courses and certification exams will not be activated until actual payment is received.
Online Course Retakes and Extensions
Once registered for an online course, the student has twelve weeks to access the course. A 28-day extension is available for a fee of $50 for an online course or an online certification exam. Exam retakes are available for a $99 fee.
License Agreement for Self-Paced Online Courses
Payment of tuition provides a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access one self-paced online course. Transferring or sharing this license with anyone else is a violation of the licensing agreement and is subject to legal action.
Onsite Course Cancellation Policy
Full payment is due prior to the course start date. If Customer cancels or reschedules a course within 20 business days of the scheduled start date, Customer will be charged 25% of the course fee. If cancellation or reschedule occurs within ten business days of the start date, Customer will be charged 50% of the course fee. Any such fee charged will not be applied to the price of any rescheduled courses.
ITIL exams must be ordered prior to any onsite delivery. Exam orders require 30 days’ notice. If the customer cancels the ITIL class within ten business days of the scheduled start date, Customer must pay all exam and proctor fees in addition to any cancellation fees described above.
HDI Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Service Policy
The complete Terms of Service are available on the HDI CSI Service website.
Trial Policy: The free trial offers subscribers the opportunity to enjoy all the features of this valuable service for three (3) months. During the trial, subscribers may set up one support center, in one language and with two custom questions. If the subscriber plans to implement multiple languages and multiple support centers, those elements can be activated after payment for the full annual subscription is received.
An invoice is generated sixty (60) days into the trial period to facilitate an uninterrupted conversion to the full service. If payment is received by the last day of the trial period, the subscription will convert to a full annual subscription automatically. If payment is not received by that date, the service will be terminated on the last day of the trial period. The annual subscription period begins upon receipt of payment in the first full month following the trial.
Subscription Policy: After payment of the annual subscription fee for the HDI CSI Service is received, subscribers are entitled to use the HDI CSI Service for a period of one year. Subscribers agree to provide accurate information in the registration form. HDI reserves the right to terminate your subscription before the conclusion of the subscription period without refund if you breach or violate any term of the agreement. The complete Terms of Service are available on the HDI CSI Service website.
Renewal Policy: Renewal letters are distributed ninety (90) days prior to the subscription expiration date, with reminders sent over the subsequent two (2) months. If payment is not received by the last day of the subscription period, the service will be terminated and a notice will be sent to the subscriber that the subscription has expired. Survey data will continue to be collected and held for thirty days to avoid any service interruption for subscribers who intended to renew, but missed the expiration date. The service will be reinstated when payment is received.
HDI Support Center Services Policy
Full payment is due prior to the start date of the service.
Cancellation Policy: If Customer cancels a service any time prior to scheduling of delivery dates, or at any time prior to 60 calendar days before the scheduled start date, a cancellation fee of 10% of the service fee will be charged. If the cancellation occurs between 31 and 60 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date, a cancellation fee of 25% of the service fee will be charged. If the cancellation occurs within 30 calendar days of the scheduled start date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the service fee will be charged.
Rescheduling Policy: If Customer reschedules a service prior to 60 calendar days before the scheduled start date, a rescheduling fee of 10% of the service fee will be charged. If the service is rescheduled between 31 and 60 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date, a rescheduling fee of 20% of the service fee will be charged. If the reschedule occurs within 30 calendar days of the scheduled start date, a rescheduling fee of 30% of the service fee will be charged.
In addition to the cancellation or rescheduling fee, the Customer will also be responsible for the cost of airline tickets, hotel room penalties, and any other expenses incurred as a result of scheduling. In the event of cancellation, HDI may deduct any such expenses from the amount to be refunded.
- Full payment is due prior to the activation of a membership. HDI accepts payment for memberships in the form of check, credit card, ACH, or wire transfer.
- HDI accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All credit card charges will be processed in US dollars; if foreign currency conversions fees apply, they will be charged by the customer’s credit card company. HDI is not responsible for fluctuations due to changes in the exchange rate(s) and will not refund any difference. All applicable taxes will be applied to the invoice.
- All membership sales are final. We do not provide refunds or credits; however, you can contact HDI to transfer a membership to someone else within your organization. HDI reserves the right to change pricing, terms, and conditions, and to make changes to any benefits, products, or services. HDI will not be held responsible for any incidental losses a customer may incur due to such changes.
- Members receive individual login credentials. These credentials may not be shared, distributed, sold, or otherwise transferred to any other person or company. Sharing your login credentials is a direct violation of the membership agreement and may result in termination of your membership. If it becomes necessary for you to transfer your membership to another employee in your organization, you must contact HDI and request a transfer in writing via email. To transfer a membership, please contact the HDI Customer Care Center at email@example.com.
- The HDI membership is linked to a named individual. The benefits associated with a membership belong to the individual that holds the membership and can only be used by that individual.
- Existing HDI members cannot renew their membership prior to ninety (90) days before its expiration date.
Membership Bulk Discount Policy
- The purchase of five or more HDI memberships at one time will result in a discounted price on your membership invoice. At the annual expiration of these memberships, each of the individuals assigned to these memberships will receive a renewal invoice. These renewal invoices will include the price for a single membership and will not reflect the discounted price provided with the original bulk membership purchase. If the organization or contact would like to renew with the same quantity of memberships as the previous year for a bulk membership discount, please contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800-248-5667 or Support@ThinkHDI.com to update your renewal invoices.
- This policy applies to invoices with Student Membership discounts and Early Bird discounts.
- To review available discounts on HDI membership, please visit the HDI website at ThinkHDI.com/MembershipDiscounts.
Lifetime Membership Policy
- All membership sales are final. We do not provide refunds or credits.
- HDI reserves the right to change pricing, terms, and conditions, and to make changes to any benefits, products, or services. HDI will not be held responsible for any incidental losses a customer may incur due to such changes.
- Lifetime members receive individual login credentials. These credentials may not be shared, distributed, sold, or otherwise transferred to any other person. Sharing your login credentials is a direct violation of the membership agreement and may result in termination of your membership.
- HDI Lifetime memberships are nontransferable. The Lifetime membership is linked to a named individual and will stay with the same individual for the lifetime of the membership. The benefits associated with an HDI Lifetime membership belong to the individual that holds the membership and can only be used by that individual.
HDI Forums Policy
HDI Forum sales are final. No refund or credit is available for canceled annual Forum packages or missed HDI Forum meetings. The annual Forum package or Forum test drive meetings are for a named individual. If a member is unable to attend an HDI Forum meeting, a substitution is permitted and recommended. Should a member no longer be able to represent their organization within the HDI Forum, the organization can request the membership be transferred to another representative within the same organization. The benefits included in the annual Forum package or Forum test drive meeting cannot be exchanged for other products or services.
Event Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be submitted in writing. The Customer may cancel without penalty eight weeks prior to the event, after which a $150 cancellation fee will be charged. No-shows and attendees canceling within four weeks of the event will be charged the full conference rate. This cancellation policy applies to both conference and pre-conference workshop registrations.
Contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667 for additional information regarding any of the policies noted above.