Colorado Springs, CO – August 5, 2010 – HDI, a global association for IT service and technical support professionals and the premier certification body for the industry, today announced its newest members to the HDI Strategic Advisory Board. The mission of the Advisory Board is to formulate informed recommendations on industry trends and directions and to also assist HDI in documenting and communicating the trends to HDI members as well as the service and support industry.
The HDI Strategic Advisory Board is comprised of the service and support industry's leading experts and practitioners. The Advisory Board members follow:
- Darien Chimoff, Help Center Manager, Alston & Bird
- Earl Begley, ITSM implementation project manager, University of Kentucky
- Charles Jumonville, CIO, State of Louisiana
- Ric Mims, Global Service Desk Manager, Dresser Rand Corporation
- Jim Bolton, President & Founder, Propoint Solutions
- Chris Farver, Principal consultant, BMC Remedy
- Malcolm Fry, Founder and Industry Consultant, Fry Consultants
- Greg Hines, Founder, Hines Consulting
- Anna Frazzetto, VP Technology Solutions, Harvey Nash
- Vance Brown, President & CEO, Cherwell Software
- Carrie Battaglia, Director, Global Services, HP
- Dianne Pacheco, Associate Director, IT Infrastructure, Jackson Laboratory
- Jeff Rumberg, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, MetricNet
- Darin Vandecar, Director Worldwide Customer Service & Operations, LDS Church
- Meg Frantz, Vice President for Service Desk Operations and Strategy, CompuCom
- Sophie Klossner, Executive Director, Membership, HDI
- Rick Joslin, Executive Director, Training & Certification, HDI
- Craig Baxter, Global Brand Director, HDI
HDI also has a Member Advisory Board and a Desktop Support Advisory Board . All of the HDI Advisory Boards are independent, non-partisan and broadly representative bodies consisting of a balanced mix of interests that are affected by the association. In addition, Chimoff is the chair for the HDI Member Advisory Board and Begley is the chair for the HDI Desktop Support Advisory Board.
“Through the input and expertise from the Advisory Board our members and the service and support industry will now be better prepared to meet tomorrow's challenges, influence and provide direction to service and support organizations and ensure the quality and efficient delivery of IT service and technical support,” said Craig Baxter, managing director of HDI.
For additional information about HDI and the HDI Strategic Advisory Board, visit www.ThinkHDI.com.
HDI is a global IT service and technical support membership association and the industry’s premier certification and training body. Guided by an international panel of industry experts and practitioners, HDI is the leading resource for IT service and technical support emerging trends and best practices. HDI provides members with a vast repository of resources, networking opportunities, and the largest industry event, the HDI Annual Conference & Expo. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., USA, HDI offers training in multiple languages and countries. For more information, visit www.ThinkHDI.com or call +1 719.268.0174. HDI is part of UBM TechWeb.
About UBM TechWeb (http://www.ubmtechweb.com)
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its core businesses – media solutions, marketing services, and professional information – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands, applications, and services in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs, IT and IT Support managers, Web and digital professionals, software and game developers, government decision makers, telecom providers and business executives) actively participate in UBM TechWeb’s communities. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Web 2.0, Black Hat, and VoiceCon; large-scale online networks such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Gamasutra; research, training, and certification services, including HDI, Pyramid Research, and InformationWeek Analytics; and market-leading magazines such as InformationWeek and Wall Street & Technology. UBM TechWeb is part of UBM, a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets. ###