About HDI Certification Exams
All HDI courses and certification exams are based on and developed from the HDI certification standards. They reinforce the core concepts of the HDI certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities.
Most exams consists of sixty-five (65) multiple choice questions, and must be completed in seventy-five (75) minutes. Other exams consist of thirty (35) multiple choice question, and must be completed in fourty-five (45) minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
The cost of a certification exam is included in the course price for Virtual, Online, Public, and Onsite Training. Detailed information about how to take the certification exam will be provided during the participants courses. Online courses and their respective certification exams are delivered though the HDI Community Learning Portal. For more information about purchasing HDI Certification Exams, contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800-248-5667.
Course Certification Bundles
New Course Manual, Standard, and Certification Exam Bundling as of March 6, 2020
HDI is offering the following Course Certification Bundles: HDI-CSR, HDI-SCA, HDI-DAST, and KCS Foundation.
An HDI Course Certification Bundle includes: Student manual with standard and (1) certification exam. These are the required resources necessary to pass an exam and become HDI certified. To purchase a Course Certification Bundle today, please click on the appropriate link below (and scroll to the bottom of the page), or contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800-248-5667.
- SCA, DAST, and KCSF certification exams consist of sixty-five (65) multiple choice questions and must be completed in seventy-five (75) minutes.
- The CSR exam consists of thirty (30) multiple choice question and must be completed in forty-five (45) minutes.
- A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass all HDI certification exam, unless otherwise published.
- These exams are delivered online, providing flexibility in scheduling, and they are accessible through any internet connection.
- Once payment is received a book will be shipped and students will be registered for the exam. A student will have up to twelve weeks to take the exam.
Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
For more information about purchasing HDI Course Certification Bundles, contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800-248-5667.
Extensions and Retakes
Purchase an extension for a fee of $50 which will provide you with a 28-day extension for an HDI course, exam, or practice test. Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee of $99 and will also extend your exam timeframe by 28 days. Purchase either an extension or retake HERE.
HDI Exam Insurance
The HDI Exam Insurance policy (available for purchase above) provides certification candidates with one free retake of any HDI certification exam if they fail to pass on their first attempt. Because the standard cost of an exam retake is $99, many candidates take advantage of the exam insurance option up front—providing both a safety net and instant savings should they find themselves having to take an exam a second time.
- Upon purchase of a policy, exam insurance is valid for one year.
- With an active HDI Exam Insurance policy, the first retake of any HDI certification exam is free to the policy holder if the first attempt to pass the exam was failed.
- The first attempt at the certification exam must have been taken with an active HDI Exam Insurance policy. Insurance cannot be purchased and applied retroactively.
- Policy holders are entitled to retakes on multiple certification exams within the policy period, however, only one retake per certification exam topic is permitted (i.e: one free retake on the HDI Customer Service Representative exam AND one free retake on the KCS Foundation exam).
- To submit a free retake claim, policy holders can call the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
Certification Exams on the HDI Learning Center
All HDI certification exams are available in the HDI Learning Center. These exams are delivered online, providing flexibility in scheduling, and they are accessible through any internet connection. Once registered for an online exam, a student will have up to twelve weeks to take the exam.
Log in to the HDI Learning Center