HDI Exam Insurance policy provides certification candidates with one free retake of any HDI certification exam if they fail to pass on their first attempt. Because the standard cost of an exam retake is $99, many candidates take advantage of the exam insurance option up front—providing both a safety net and instant savings should they find themselves having to take an exam a second time.
- Upon purchase of a policy, HDI Exam Insurance is valid for one year.
- With an active HDI Exam Insurance policy, the first retake of any HDI certification exam is free to the policy holder if the first attempt to pass the exam was failed.
- The first attempt at the certification exam must have been taken with an active HDI Exam Insurance policy. Insurance cannot be purchased and applied retroactively.
- Policy holders are entitled to retakes on multiple certification exams within the policy period, however, only one retake per certification exam topic is permitted (For example, one free retake on the HDI Customer Service Representative exam and one free retake on the KCS Foundation exam).
- To claim HDI Exam Insurance, policy holders can contact the HDI Customer Care Center at 800.248.5667.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.