The HDI Local Chapter Officer of the Year Award honors a hard-working volunteer leader from the HDI local chapter community. Please consider nominating someone you know for this award. Nominations may be made by officers, peers, or customers; you can even nominate yourself.
HDI announces each year’s winner at the HDI Annual Conference & Expo.
To be eligible for this award, the nominee must have served as a local chapter officer for the past twelve months, and must currently be an officer. Note: Last year’s winner is not eligible for nomination this year.
- August – Call for nominations
- October 31 – Nominations close
- January – Judges review nominations and select top three finalists
- February – Finalists are invited to the HDI Annual Conference & Expo
- March/April – Personal interviews conducted at HDI Annual Conference & Expo; winner announced during a general session
Begin your nomination
The judges will review all nominations and select the top three finalists based on the responses to the questions in the nomination form.
The judging process has two phases:
- Coverage of topics
- Quality of responses
Personal Interview (top three finalists only)
- 15-minute interview with a panel of judges
- Each finalist will be asked the same questions
Nominees must receive a score of 80 percent or higher to pass from the first phase to the second phase. The top three finalists will be selected for personal interviews, which will be conducted at the HDI Annual Conference & Expo.